So, I have decided that I want to turn this blog into more of a blog zine cause there is simply more delicious things that I can do with it. Please bare with me as I make the transition. If you have any thoughts as to what you would like to see let me know. I am looking for hip and hot kosher stuff, not the bland and boring ( there is already enough of that, right!)
More soon my kosher soul foodies!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Now that Halloween is out of the way, it's time to focus on Thanksgiving. The day we stuff ourselves till we about burst. Oh, I can't wait. My dear friend and hubby will be in NYC for turkey day, so I am starting thing about what I am going to make...I still don't know, but I am having fun deciding.
I found a delicious recipe for a pumpkin roll cake. I made it for a client to take to a party. SUCCESS!
Here it is, kosher soul pumpkin roll!
Kosher Soul Pumpkin Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs for 5 minutes. Add the sugar, flour, pumpkin, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Cool for 5- 10 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the filing ingredients; beat until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again; place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- ► 2009 (6)
- ► August (9)
- ► April (7)