Now that Halloween is out of the way, it's time to focus on Thanksgiving. The day we stuff ourselves till we about burst. Oh, I can't wait. My dear friend and hubby will be in NYC for turkey day, so I am starting thing about what I am going to make...I still don't know, but I am having fun deciding.
I found a delicious recipe for a pumpkin roll cake. I made it for a client to take to a party. SUCCESS!
Here it is, kosher soul pumpkin roll!
Kosher Soul Pumpkin Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs for 5 minutes. Add the sugar, flour, pumpkin, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Cool for 5- 10 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the filing ingredients; beat until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again; place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.