Have you checked out my kosher soul food list on ThisNext.com? If not you are missing it, I am number one for kosher eats. Click on the ThisNext widget on the blog.
Check it out. If there is a product I should know about, talk to me. I am always on the look out for yummy kosher food to spread the word about!
"Luscious Lifestyle Diva"
Saturday, August 16, 2008
I am flipping through a copy of "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch" by Rory Freedman and Kim Banouin. Skinny Bitch is a New York Times best selling no-nonsense, tough-love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous.
I am liking the recipes in the book, talk about kosher soul! Long story short, the recipes in the book are vegetarian/vegan so by default it is kosher. There is a little something for everyone, very creative recipes. Here is a yummy chicken salad recipe from the book. Nosh on..~Shoshi
• 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon coarse nutritional yeast
• 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
• 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 2 cups chopped or shredded vegan chicken strips or chunks (thawed, if frozen)
• 1/4 cup halved (quartered if large) seedless red grapes (optional)
• 1 celery stalk, finely diced
• 1/4 small red or white onion, finely diced
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
• 6 to 8 slices vegan whole-wheat bread
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, yeast, agave nectar, salt, curry powder and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes (if using), celery, onion, and parsley. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture, tossing gently.
Spread the chicken salad on 3 or 4 slices of bread, top with remaining 3 or 4 slices, and serve.
- 2009 (6)
- Aug 22 (1)
- Aug 20 (1)
- Aug 18 (1)
- Aug 15 (1)
- Aug 13 (1)
- Aug 11 (1)
- Aug 03 (1)
- August (9)
- 2007 (48)