Thursday, December 21, 2006

Latkes, Chocolate, and Sparkling Wine, oh my!







I was on the go last night when I hit a Chanukah Bordello party, then was off to a champagne and chocolate tasting at Bacchus in Manhattan.

I had heard that Sandi Dubowski knows how to throw a soiree with style, so I was expecting a good 'ole time. The other hosts for the evening were Nancy Schwartzman(shown in pix above), Amichai Lau Lavie, and Matt Wolf.

I brought nutella and mini croissants which are a nice treat for any gathering. This treat can stand alone as a dessert or goes well with other mini desserts.

The theme for the soiree was latkes and bubbly. There was a lot of prosecco in the house. Prosecco and latkes are a delightful match. The rich body of the sparkling wine brings out the flavor ofthe potato making for a savory pairing. At one point, Sandi ran out of the kitchen to take a survey for the type of latke he should make next. Now that is some good entertaining!

There was a woman at the soiree that looked familiar, I couldn't figure out how I knew her. I caught a glance of her on my way out the door and before I knew what I was doing I yelled, *"Lisa Kron". It was indeed her, she came over to say hello and goodbye. It was a groovy way to leave an event, off to the tasting..

The tasting at Bacchus on Broadway and 72nd Street was absolutely horrible. It turned me off so much that I don't even want to go back into store to buy wine. I could go on and on about how horrible it was, but I won’t.

The only breathe of fresh air at the tasting was meeting, Lynne Bernstein, the founder of glasshalfull.com..steller cellar tees. She was way cool and her shirts are FUN. I will be ordering one for myself! (www.glasshalfull.com)

At the end of the night I grabbed a bag for my champagne flute, wished I had stayed at the Chanukah soiree, and then took myself home.

Food and entertaining...I live for this!

Peace, love, & soul,

~Shoshi
Kosher Soul Gourmet


(*Lisa Kron is a performer/writer of solo shows. She wrote 2.5 Minute Ride and Well)
Photos courtesy of Karma Hallmark was was with me on my adventures.

Get the Luscious Lifestyle Diva widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox!

PopJudaica.com

Blog Archive