Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kentucky Derby Pie



Oh, my good friend and her hubby are coming to NYC for a month. We were going to have a shindig for his b-day, but it turns out their roof won't be ready. I still think I want to make him something special and I know just the thing...

Derby Pie! He is from Kentucky and what could have more soul in it than a Kentucky Derby Pie, packed with fudgy chocolate and nuts. I think I will make a fresh whipped cream to go with it(store bought is fine). Now that is kosher soul at it's finest. D~Lish!

The recipe is below...nosh on..nosh on!

~Shoshi
Luscious Lifestyle Diva

Kentucky Derby Pie

Ingredients:
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Light corn syrup
4 Eggs
1/2 cup butter -- melted
1 cup Chopped pecans
1 cup Chocolate chips
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 tablespoons Bourbon (adds a kick, but optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Combine sugar, corn syrup and eggs in mixing bowl. Beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into a 9" unbaked pie shell. Bake 45-50 minutes or until set.

Get the Luscious Lifestyle Diva widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox!

PopJudaica.com

Blog Archive