Friday, January 5, 2007

Bread


During the holiday season, I ate everything and anything in sight. Reality has set in. I have to get myself back in shape and back to a healthy diet. It is s resolution that is high on every one's list.

My main weakness is carbohydrates. I could live on bread and bread alone. One way that I am going to get my bread box in order is to make my own bread. I use to make my own bread all the time, but now I am a typical busy New Yorker.

Baking bread is actually pretty easy. Also making your own bread can be healthier for you and a way to save on your grocery bill. There are a many healthy bread recipes online and in cookbooks, so you should be able to make your favorite breads at home!

If you are traumatized at the thought of kneading dough, knowing how to mix the yeast with the flour, etc, get yourself a bread maker. A bread maker can simply get the dough ready and you can finish the bread yourself in the oven or the bread maker can take care of the whole bread making process for you. Be on the look out for bread makers that also make pizza dough and jam. What a bonus!

I recently went to Target in the "Boogie Down" (aka The Bronx) and purchased a bread maker. When I am to busy to make bread by hand, I will throw some ingredients in the machine. Wham, bam, thank you mam..fresh bread will be in the house.


Nosh on,
~Shoshi
"The Kosher Soul Gourmet"



Get the Luscious Lifestyle Diva widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox!

PopJudaica.com

Blog Archive